I had been looking at maps and sketching different parts of the route.
I noticed the last time I had been up there that in one place in particular, there was a lot of plastic bottles being washed up onto the rocks with the tide, among other stuff. I was thinking about using the coloured plastic to make up a map. I tried lots of different glues as well as heat to join the pieces of cut up plastic but nothing really worked. As they were transparent, i didn't want the glue to be seen. I finally tried contact, after talking to one of the technicians and it worked but it was too shiny. Still looking at this.
We also had a sound project. I had been thinking about making an instrument that might pick up the sounds of the place. I had been doodling, thinking about cycles, circular and time. I just wanted to make a start on something.
I started to shave the pieces of driftwood that I had collected and stick the shavings together. It ended up being more about the shape in the end:
No comments:
Post a Comment