Thursday, 24 January 2013

I had to add a new post as the update link isn't there . Tried both fire fox and explorer. Having problems with this a lot lately for some reason.

I also looked at Ivan Lovatt. I think his sculptures are amazing. Wire as a material is perfect to use for connections. It gets stuck to everything. I went back to using it.



I made it using this flower wire. I have wanted to but Resin over it and paint the glass. I had really liked the colours i got with the caramelized sugar. This didnt work out the way that i had wanted. It took a couple of tests to get the fiber glass clear and i should not have applied it in one sheet. I did this to avoid the joints but it endedup wrinkled. Also if i was doing this again, to avoid the wire losing its shape i could have made or gotten some type of cone shaped solid object for it to sit on... however, this may have been difficult as it could have stuff to the fiber glass. The really thing was time i guess. As the elective was only 2 weeks and as i was in my second week already, i didnt have time to experiment further with it. I was disappointed but there was a lot of learning in this.



No comments:

Post a Comment