Wednesday, 20 March 2013

I was thinking about layers and the negative shapes in the wire. I started thinking about making a part of the body broken up into shapes and filled in with muscle. I went down to see about getting a basic cast done but as it was just going to be the base, the technicians suggested that i get a glove and fill it, which i had not thought of doing.

I got a marygold glove and packed it with tissue. I decided to try to use twine to mark out the different shapes to be filled in:

I wasnt sure what material i was going to use to fill in the shapes. I was thinking about cloth first but i decided to try out the glue gun. I was worried that the glue would melt the rubber glove but thankfully it didnt. I had gotten coloured glue sticks because I had used the glue gun a lot in the elective and the first symester . I used the red glue stick:




I looked at Artist Mark Quin:


No Visible Means Of Escape.

I liked the idea of metamorphosis, changing into something else


I also looked at  Meret Oppenheim's Vein Glove:


 
 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment