Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Carrying on from this, i wanted to try some new materials, ones that i would not usually be comfortable with or using in such a way:

I made the below from the glue gun on black sugar paper:



I couldnt turn these for some reason. 

I went on to try to make a rough rib cage out of light wire, duct tape and a plaster coating. This, DID NOT work!

The plaster was too heavy.



I am now working on a rib cage made from glue gun



I then poured ink in at the top and allowed it to make a path through the plaster. It came out quite good. it ended up giving 3 different tones, dependent on how much the ink was absorbed.









I broke off all the bits of plaster and saved them. I decided to attach them to an old canvas i had at home:

I ended making ribs with glue stick strips and then covered them in plaster of paris. This stayed attached and worked way better. 

 









We then moved on to a 1 day project. It involved looking at the body in a world were measurements didnt exist and you had to invent your own.

I used a length of coils to measure my finger:




I started by using a string to measure my height from foot to toe(1 string length). I then wanted to see how many times this length could be divided by 2 . I called this measurement divides!



I walked from my desk to the door up one flight of stairs and worked out how many heartbeats it took if you walked teh same pace as your actual heart beat.




I made some balls from paper clay, roughly the same size. I then got their average circumference with wire. I called this measurement 1 ball ring. I wanted to see how many ball rings i could balance in 1 hand before i dropped them! I carried it out 3 times and took the average. It worked out to be 48 ball rings

 I pressed my finger into white paint and used approximately equal pressure to make finger prints . I wanted to see how many before they disappeared.




We then had a two day project. It was a sculpture that was to do with you in some way and teh only criteria was that it needed to be half your length.

I wanted to do something in relation to what i find interesting. I am interested in the idea of and light everything being made up of energy. I used wire to make the basic shape . i made rings of wire,  one smaller then the next and so on. I learned a huge amount from this. For example better ways to join sections of wire together so that it was more sturdy. I had not used this heavier wire before. I used white duct take to cover all the wire. This looked a bit ugly and so if i was doing it again, i would rethink this material, maybe use paper and paint it. I tried to paint teh duct take with glue and acrylic but it didnt fully cover it.






No comments:

Post a Comment