Wednesday, 17 April 2013

I also looked at this work by Albert Gleizes:


Portrait of Jacques Nayral, 1917

As mentioned, i have been thinking about matter and that everything is made up of this and therefore, connected in some way.

I liked this painting because of the fact that the figure and the background all seem to be one



Artist: Robert Delaunay (1885‑1941)
Title:Windows Open Simultaneously (First Part, Third Motif)
Fenêtres ouvertes simultanément (1ère partie 3ème motif)
Date 1912
MediumOil paint on canvas
Dimensionssupport: 457 x 375 mm frame: 651 x 565 x 67 mm
Collection: Tate






I was thinking of making and connecting up lots of the above designs, made from string and coloured matchsticks, to make an abstract figurative sculpture but  i didnt end up going in this direction. This was for two reasons really. Firstly, it was very time consuming for such a short project and secondly, i wanted to move away from controlling materials and try something else

No comments:

Post a Comment