Tuesday, 7 May 2013

I am a bit behind updating this so apologies. Since my last post, this is what has been going on:

I was previously working with the wire but i was working very small and the wire was quite time consuming. I began to look at the idea of using cardboard. for a previous project, i had gotten some rippled cardboard and had been making designs by flattening the ripples in a particular direction. I began making some of the designs, both positive and negative shapes, from the Berlin cast iron jewelery.




I then added colour. The imprints on the cardboard were much more interesting without colour, as they really caught the light.I didnt like this at all. I hadnt used paint in ages and it went away from shapes and stared to turn into some strange landscape.  I really didnt like it! I moved away from this idea and decided to try a type of collage instead.









No comments:

Post a Comment