Monday, 10 December 2012

After going to the seminar and tutorial on pin hole photography and looking at the work of the likes of Stephen Pippin, I really wanted to try to make a camera obscura out of a room.



I used a room with one window and blocked it up with black card and duct tape.

 
I made a hole cut out in one of the sheets to act as the pin hole and surrounded by duct tape.
 
 
 
 
 You really had to make sure all the light was blocked out. You'd think it was until you turned off the light and you'd see it coming through the smallest places.

By the time i was finished on Sunday, the light was faded and so i had to wait until this morning.

I didnt think it was going to work properly at first. I could see the inverted image but it was very dark and not sharp. I put more card over the piin hole and made it smaller to try to make the image sharper and this was better. After manually trying different exposure times, it ended up best at 20" but i had to make light sensitivity very high because the room was so dark and the hole was so small. After much adjusting of the settings, the results werent bad:





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment